Our Workforce Development Services
Employee satisfaction research will assess how your employees perceive the company, their jobs, the organization’s culture, and a variety of other issues important to the organization. The results of the research can be used to increase productivity, quality, and employee retention by:
- identifying employee opinions
- recognizing staff development needs
- discovering what motivates your employees
- understanding how to improve job satisfaction
Assess the culture and climate of your organization through Workplace Culture Prints administered by UND Professional Services. We will gather input from employees and key stakeholders about the climate and culture of your organization, using a combination of different processes:
- individual interviews
- focus groups based on specific issues
- surveys (online or print)
Workplace Culture Prints help your organization discover:
- what your employees value in a positive workplace culture
- the level of satisfaction with your current workplace culture
- how to leverage the strengths of your culture to boost job satisfaction
- areas that need a cultural change
Use a wide variety of human resource consulting services provided by trained professionals from the University of North Dakota’s Office of Workforce Development. Our consulting services are designed to supplement your company’s existing human resource department or to use in place of a formal human resource function.
Performance-Based Position Descriptions provide your employees with a clear picture of their essential job functions and performance expectations. We will guide you through a formal position description development process that ensures your employees clearly understand what is expected of them.
Performance Appraisals, when planned and conducted properly, are used to:
- identify your organization’s training and development needs
- decide and/or support promotions
- determine merit pay
Whatever your industry, UND Workforce Development will help your organization identify performance management needs, develop appraisal plans and tools, and implement your annual review process.
Merit Pay Systems, also known as Pay for Performance, is a form of employee compensation that allows employers to:
- differentiate pay raises given to high and low performers.
- distinguish between individual and company performance.
- reward an employee for accomplishing a major task.
In recent years, more organizations have begun using merit pay systems as a method of motivating employees to be more invested in the company’s success. With merit pay systems, employees have a personal stake in making sure that their individual performance results in the company’s increased productivity and quality.
UND Office of Professional Services will work with your organization to design and implement merit pay systems that improve individual and company success.
Enhance the health of your company and its most important asset—your employees!
Implementing a systematic approach to worksite wellness is an important investment in human capital. Studies have consistently shown that healthier employees yield better bottom-line results for all organizations by:
- improving employee morale
- increasing productivity and performance
- decreasing absenteeism
- expanding the company’s ability to attract and retain key personnel
- attaining greater employee allegiance
- enhancing the public image of the company
- lowering healthcare and insurance costs
In addition, research indicates that organizations offering group health insurance to their employees can see as much as a $6 return on investment for each $1 spent on worksite wellness activities.
Let UND Professional Services help your organization develop a customized worksite wellness program that addresses your unique needs.
Create a Corporate University Certificate Program that gives your employees the skills and training they need to be on the cutting-edge of your industry. The rapid pace of technological innovation and a constantly changing business landscape has fueled the need for continuous workforce development in order to maintain corporate performance, productivity, and profitability. An increasing number of larger companies and national professional associations have responded to this need by developing Corporate Universities.
UND Professional Services can work with your organization to create customized Corporate University certificate programs for your employees, including:
- customized curriculums
- instructor-led training
- online training
- electronic transcript systems
- opportunities for employees to interact with peers, mentors, and subject matter experts
UND Office of Professional Services can develop customized orientation or training materials to be used by your company's trainers. These training materials can be formatted in a variety of ways, including:
The video-based modules we produce for employee development are interactive training sessions targeted to your staff's unique needs such as orientation, work processes and safety. These modules are not limited to video straight from the camera, but can also include:
- Video screen images from your computer
- Art, illustrations, and photos
Each module is easy to use, and designed to be presented either by a facilitator to a large group, or to individual employees on a 24/7 basis through your company's intranet system.
We can also assist with:
- lesson plan development
- face-to-face training
- online or web-based training
Through the use of our development materials, you can be assured that your business is delivering consistent and uniform information and demonstrations to your staff -regardless of the number of in-house trainers you use, or the number of employee development sessions you deliver.